Electron is an open-source software framework developed and maintained by GitHub that makes it easy to create cross-platform desktop apps with
CSS. Electron and open-source tools give you everything you need to create a compelling desktop app—native user interface elements like menus and dialogs, installers, auto-updates, and more.
In this workshop, you’ll get started mastering the core concepts of Electron and get hands-on experience building real-world apps that live in the menubar and system tray. You’ll learn to package and ship your apps, plus ship updates with auto-update.
By the end of the workshop, you’ll learn:
- Understand the near-entire Electron API in detail.
- Creating user interfaces in Electron (both HTML based and native)
- Understanding Electron’s multi-process architecture
- Create custom menu items, system tray apps and more
- Create applications for both Mac, Windows & Linux
- Shipping your app to users
- Package Electron applications for distribution.